If you don’t have an agent we can help you select an agent. If you need a conveyancer, you are at the right spot. We are locally based licensed conveyancers in Melbourne, and limited to acting for sales of any property in Victoria, Australia.
Conveyancing Excellence has been handling conveyancing transactions for many years. Our firm has pioneered the use of digital conveyancing and leads the way in using technology to make the process easier to understand and more transparent. To discover what’s involved in selling from listing an agent to completing the sale read our Five Step Guide.
Once you have engaged the agent you need to retain us as your conveyancer. To get the ball rolling the following is required:
- Complete the Selling Questionnaire as well as you can and submit. If you don’t know the answer to any particular question don’t worry, simply leave it blank.
- Generally we require payment of upfront deposit of $395 by credit card, EFT or cheque to cover searches, certificates and preparation of the vendor’s statement. If you wish to pay by credit card we need the card number and the expiry date. We accept Visa and Mastercard. You can supply this by telephone or email.
- You need to advise us of any matters which affect the property. Please fax, post or email as quickly as possible the current invoices for the following:-
- Council Rates
- Water / Sewerage Rates
- Owners Corporation Fees & Minutes of last AGM & any Notices or letters received regarding future works or actions by the Owners Corporation. Note by law it is mandatory you have provide a section 151 Certificate at a cost of $150
- Lease / Tenancy Agreement (if applicable)
- Building Warranties (if applicable)
- Any other Notices affecting the property
- We will confirm our quote for all conveyancing charges which covers the scope of services outlined below and an estimate of out of pocket expenses plus gst. The deposit that is paid upfront will be credited and the balance payable upon settlement.
If you have any queries contact us by email or phone. We look forward to assisting in the sale.
Scope of Services
Our Retainer and Terms and Conditions for acting for Vendors of Real Estate is set out here (Retainer). The Retainer includes important information about archiving and policies on file retention and destruction after conveyancing and settlement of your Melbourne property is complete.
Our most important function is to protect your interests and our Services can include, but are not limited to:
- Making enquiries regarding property and ordering certificates and searches;
- Preparation of Section 32 Vendor’s Statement and Contract of Sale;
- Liaising with Agent;
- Liaising with your Bank;
- Preparing answers to enquiries from Purchaser, preparing the Transfer of Land and Statutory Declaration;
- Arranging settlement with parties involved;
- Perusing statement of adjustments;
- Notifying authorities that property has been sold and
- Regular correspondence with you reporting on progress of sale.
This is not an exclusive list of the functions we are able to undertake for you as your conveyancer, but we hope it does provide an understanding of the scope of our services.
Additional charges that may be incurred for:
- Work undertaken in respect of arranging release of deposit monies prior to settlement
- Arranging a discharge of mortgage in connection with the sale
- Bringing the settlement date forward or seeking an extension of the settlement date
- Any additional work will be charged at an hourly rate.
Hi guys Thank you so much for your hard work and I especially appreciated your calm professional voices over the phone with my many queries. I’m so happy!!!Danielle R - Vendor